Happy New Year, friends! 2012 was a wonderful year for us. Some of our favourite memories include:
- Playing to a great audience at the Gladstone in Toronto where people danced to our songs for the entire set
- Releasing our first album, a four track self titled EP
- Being invited to perform a solo acoustic set at the South March Highlands Celebration Day, right in the heart of the woods
- Taking part in Chinatown’s FestivAsia, where babies danced t our tunes, and cars stopped in the middle of traffic and pulled over just to listen to us
- Partying at the ultimate house show in a Little Italy basement, rocking out so hard the sweaty crowd was punching the ceiling and starting a moshpit. Then one of our amps blew out
- Filming our music video for our song “Beaver Pond Forest” in the South March Highlands with film maker Toni Van Eeden, which involved a massive messy food fight
- Being featured as a guest on Julie Lalonde’s CHUO FM radio show the Third Wave to talk about our single Asian Fetishist
- A crazy night at Pressed Cafe with Jenna Tenn-Yuk, involving great spoken word poetry, a broken guitar string and two busted car tires.
- Performing our song Asian Fetishist on the Rogers TV show Daytime Ottawa
- An amazing show at Zaphod’s where the audience danced and band members got naked…Not us, though. We’re ladies.
- Playing at Ming Wu’s 4in1 Live in a Park at Dundonald Park on a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon. This is how summer days are meant to be spent. See the video here
- Releasing our super lo-fi music video for Asian Fetishist
- Having our performance at the Red Carpet Magazine launch party aired on Namibian television
- Collaborating with a group of local Namibian musicians to create the Rusch Street Sessions
- Getting Namibian schoolchildren to sing our song See Me!
We can’t wait to see what 2013 brings!